Amalinda J. Gamage
Computer Networks and Communications Laboratory,
School of Computer Science and Engineering,
Nanyang Technological University,
amalinda at nws dot sg
[Public key is located here]
ආයුබෝවන්! (āyubōvan wishes a long & healthy life in Sinhalese)
I'm research staff & a graduate student of Nanyang Technological University, Singapore advised by Professor Mo Li
Formerly, I was a Visiting Lecturer at UoVT and an Assistant Lecturer at SLIIT.
I'm a also full member of The Institution of Engineers, Singapore(IES).
Central to my interests is Wireless Communication. More specifically, the physical layer work that leverage low power Software Defined Radios to enhance co-existance & fairness of LPWANs.
My current work is focussed on bringing improvements to LoRa— a low-power LOng RAnge communication protocol for the Internet of Things.
In addition, my interests also span accrosss several closely related fields. These include unconventional tranciever design that employs programmable logic to do interesting things.
Jansen C. Liando, Amalinda Gamage, Agustinus W. Tengourtius and Li Mo, Known and Unkown Facts of LoRa: Experiences from a Large Scale Measurement Study, ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks (ACM TOSN), preprint
M. N. Wijesundara, C. Tapparello, A. Gamage, Y. Gokulan, L. Gittelson, T. Howard and W. Heinzelman, Design of a Kinetic Energy Harvester for Elephant Mounted Wireless Sensor Nodes of JumboNet, IEEE GLOBECOM, Washington, DC, USA. December, 2016.
M. N. Wijesundara, A. Gamage, Y. Gokulan and C. Tapparello, Design of a Low-Frequency Linear Motion Testbed for Electromagnetic Kinetic Energy Harvesters in JumboNet, NITC, Colombo, Sri Lanka. September, 2017.
- Teaching Assistant for CE3005: Computer Networks, CZ3006: Netcentric Computing at Nanyang Technological University 2019
- Visiting Lecturer for Microprocessor Based Systems (EE60303) at University of Vocational Technology (UNIVOTEC) 2016/17
- Assistant Lecturer for Embedded Systems Engineering (EC300) at Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology 2017
- Assistant Lecturer for Hardware Security (IT448) at Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology 2017
- Teaching Assistant for Embedded Systems Engineering (EC300) at Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology 2014/15/16